Parent – Student Handbook
All parents that wish to volunteer or be a chaperone on a class field trip must attend a Virtus Session – Protecting God’s Children. Please see the link below how to register at www.virtus.org
- IXL ~ The website IXL provides comprehensive, standards-aligned math and language arts practice for K–12
- Scholastic Book Clubs – Every month, your child’s teacher will receive Book Club flyers to distribute. Each flyer features dozens of affordably priced books and eBooks specially selected because they’re timely, popular, fun to read, and just right for your child’s reading level.
- Lexile ~ The Lexile Framework for Reading is a scientific approach to measuring reading ability and the text demand of reading materials. The Lexile Framework involves a scale for measuring both reading ability of an individual and the text complexity of materials he or she encounters. The Lexile scale is like a thermometer, except rather than measuring temperature, the Lexile Framework measures a text’s complexity and a reader’s skill level.
- Starfall.com ~ This site opened in September of 2002 as a free public service to teach children to read with phonics. Our systematic phonics approach, in conjunction with phonemic awareness practice, is perfect for pre-school, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, special education, homeschool, and English language development (ELD, ELL, ESL). Starfall is an educational alternative to other entertainment choices for children.
- Print ABCs Practice Worksheet
- Math Worksheets 4Kids
Uniform Recycling Program
- What can you recycle/donate?
We are asking that you donate your gently worn school uniforms. This includes, long/short sleeve white or blue shirts, polo shirts, jumpers, skirts, skorts, shorts, neckties, PE uniforms, PE T-shirts, and sweaters with school logo.
- Where Do I Drop Off my Uniforms?
Drop them in the box outside the Academy office. Please be sure that all uniforms are washed and pre-labeled with the size for easy assortment.
- When is the deadline?
We ask that you please have your items donated by Tuesday, September 1st so that parents can purchase them before school starts. This will be a year round program so if you miss the deadline or have clothes to donate throughout the year, we will gladly accept them.
- How much will each item cost?
Our goal is to make these items cost effective for you. Below is the price list for each individual item, assuming we have them in stock. Again… this is where we need your help with donations.