Dear Parents and Guardians,
It’s already October! Thanks for your patience and support as we made necessary changes and transitions during the month of September. As we begin the fall months, we are excited at the prospect of new learning opportunities for our students, as they explore and visit interesting venues on their class trips, participate in our rosary rally and have fun at our Halloween Party.
Our students in 3rd to 8th grade will take the Terra Nova assessments, from October 10th 2017 to October 20th 2017. Please remind/help your child to get a good night’s rest before the test, eat a nutritionally sound breakfast and to get to school on time.
Please consider being a Class Parent/Parent Liaison to foster closer collaboration between our parents/guardians and our faculty/staff, and ultimately support our students. We need 2 Class Parents/Parent Liaisons per class and will send home more information shortly.
We have a new character education program, please expect your child to bring home more information including homework that requires parent involvement:
Ø Learning for Life: Character Education Program – Units include: tolerance & citizenship,
respect, kindness & cooperation, anti-bullying & responsibility.
To assist you with your planning for next month, here is a list of tentative events and dates:
- Wednesday 11/1/17: All Saints Day – School Open
- Saturday 11/4/17: TACHS Test
- Thursday 11/9/17: EPAC Staff PD – School Closed
- Friday 11/10/17: Veterans Day – School Closed
- Saturday 11/11/17: TACHS Makeup Test
- Thursday 11/16/17: Breakfast with the Principal for 4th to 8th Grade Parents 10am
- Wednesday 11/22/17: Half Day Dismissal – No Afterschool
- Thursday 11/23/17: School Closed – Thanksgiving Recess
Ligoria Berkeley-Cummins, Principal