We are so proud of our graduating 8th graders, and we wish you the best of luck next year. We know you’ll all do great in high school!
Congratulations to our graduating 8th Graders who earned scholarships for high school!
– Christ the King Regional High School, 2 Scholarships – $10,500
– Pax et Bonum Award – $500 Scholarship
– Cathedral High School Notre Dame & St. Vincent Ferrer High School – $20,795
– Bishop Loughlin High School – $1,000
– Christ the King Regional High School – $500
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is already June and another successful school year is coming to an end! Our school has been successful due to the collaborative partnership between students, staff members, and parents. Together we have built lasting relationships that will continue to encircle our children with a commitment to their educational, social, and emotional success.
During the next three weeks of June, our staff and students will be busy with teaching and learning. We have exciting events such as Field Day, field trips and end of the year picnics/parties and graduation. Please join us wherever possible.
We have already started planning for the 2017-2018 school year, and hope that you have re-registered your child with us for next year. Part of our plans is to ensure our staffing exemplifies the very best of educators who demonstrate a passion for teaching and working with children.?
Unfortunately, some of our staff members will be moving onto new experiences and challenges; therefore, at the end of the school year we will be saying farewell. On behalf of OLACA staff and school community, I wish all of them the very best in their future endeavors.
As we say farewell to some of our great staff members, we are looking forward to welcoming new staff to our school community. I will keep you informed throughout the summer and early September of any new additions to our staffing.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our HAA and Board of Directors, our school staff and administration, parents, and most importantly, our students.
Please enjoy the change of pace that the summer brings. Have a happy, relaxing, and safe summer with your children. See you in September!
Ligoria Berkeley-Cummins, Principal
State of the Academy Address on 5/23/17 at 7pm. Please join us for an informative session on the future success of our academy, awards, student performances and light refreshments. We look forward to seeing you.
Spend a “Night at the Movies” with us on Saturday April 8th 2017, at 6pm. Bring your family and friends to see “Ignatius of Loyola”. This is the story of an extraordinary missionary disciple of Jesus Christ. We look forward to seeing you.
Our academy will be closed on Tuesday 3/14/17 due to the snow storm.
School Open Today 2/10/17
School Closed Today 2/9/17 – Expected Snow Storm
Catholic Schools Week 2017 – Open House Schedule
Please join us!
Mass: Sunday 1/29/17 at 10am
Open House: Sunday 1/29/17 from 11am to 1pm
Open House: Monday 1/30/17 to Friday 2/3/17 from 10 to 11am & 1-2pm.
Friday 2/3/17: 1st Friday Mass and 12pm dismissal.
|Sunday 1/29/17||Catholic Schools Week Mass
· Mass: 10am
· Open House: 11am to 1pm light refreshments and classroom tours.
|Monday 1/30/17||College & Career Day
· Open for all of our current parents/guardians.
· Students: Dress in your favorite college tops/hats.
· Parents: Come share your college and career with your child’s class. Please RSVP with your child’s teacher if you would like to talk about your college or career.
|Tuesday 1/31/17||Character/Hero & Movie Day
· Students: Dress as your favorite character or hero from a book or movie and share this character’s / traits with your class.
· Movies: Students on the 1st floor will watch a movie in the am, and students on the 2nd floor will watch a movie in the pm.
|Wednesday 2/1/17||Sports Team Day & Student Appreciation Day
· Students: Wear your favorite sports team shirt or hat.
· Sports Day Event: Teams will compete in events in the gymnasium. Lower grades will compete from 10- 11am and the upper grades will compete from 1-2pm.
|Thursday 2/2/17||Crazy Hat or Sweater Day
· Students: Wear a crazy hat or sweater
· Specialty Teachers: Judge each class and award a NUT card to the winner.
|Friday 2/3/17||Faculty Appreciation & Prayer Day – 1st Friday Mass – Regular Uniform
Students: Write a prayer for your teacher.
Sister Xaveriana: Judge each class and award a prize.
DRESS DOWN: Students may dress down from Monday 1/30/17 to Thursday 2/2/17, but MUST be in uniform on Friday 2/3/17. Thanks for your support.